The draw for the quarterfinals and the remaining matches of the Round of 16 has been done with the winner between Manchester City and Real Madrid set to face either Juventus or Lyon.
The Champions League quarter-final matches will be played on August 12-15 (Lisbon).
City, who beat Real Madrid 2-1 at the Bernabeu in the last-16 first leg in February could be up against either Lyon or Juventus if they can finish the job against Zinedine Zidane’s men. Chelsea face a big task ahead to get beyond Bayern Munich with the winner facing Barcelona or Napoli in the quarter-finals.
Wednesday 12 August
Atalanta (ITA) vs Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Thursday 13 August
Leipzig (GER) vs Atlético (ESP), Estádio José Alvalade
Friday 14 August
Napoli (ITA) / Barcelona (ESP) vs Chelsea (ENG) / Bayern München (GER), Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Saturday 15 August
Real Madrid (ESP) / Manchester City (ENG) vs Lyon (FRA) / Juventus (ITA), Estádio José Alvalade
Tuesday 18 August
Leipzig (GER) / Atlético (ESP) vs Atalanta (ITA) / Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Wednesday 19 August
Real Madrid (ESP) / Manchester City (ENG) / Lyon (FRA) / Juventus (ITA) vs Napoli (ITA) / Barcelona (ESP) / Chelsea (ENG) / Bayern München (GER), Estádio José Alvalade
This season’s quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament in Lisbon, Portugal in August. All these ties will be single-leg fixtures.
- The winner of semi-final 2 will be the ‘home’ team for the Champions League final on August 23.
This season’s quarter-finals, semi-finals, and final will be played as a straight knockout tournament in Lisbon, Portugal in August with the ties being single-leg fixtures.
The games will be split between Benfica’s Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica, which will host the final, and Sporting CP’s Estadio Jose Alvalade.
• Leipzig and Atlético have never played each other.
• Atlético have won their last eight knockout ties against German sides. Their last aggregate defeat came against Dynamo Dresden in the 1979/80 UEFA Cup first round.
• Atalanta and Paris have never played each other.
• Paris are without a win in their last eight matches against Serie A opposition (D6 L2), since a 3-1 victory against Parma in March 1996.
• The last three times Bayern and Barcelona have met in the UEFA Champions League, the winners went on to lift the trophy: 2014/15 semi-finals (Barcelona), 2012/13 semi-finals (Bayern), 2008/09 quarter-finals (Barcelona).
• Real Madrid and Juventus have met 21 times in UEFA competition, including Madrid’s wins in the UEFA Champions League finals in 1998 (1-0) and 2017 (4-1).
• Lyon took four points off Manchester City in last season’s UEFA Champions League group stage – three coming in a shock 2-1 victory at the City of Manchester Stadium on Matchday 1.