Premier League 2020/21 fixtures – essential need-to-knows
- The Premier League 2020/21 season will start on Saturday September 12 and finish on Sunday May 23, 2021 – 19 days before the rescheduled Euro 2020 tournament kicks off.
- The season will begin behind closed doors but some spectators could to return to venues on a socially-distanced basis later in the year.
- Opening weekend fixtures involving Manchester City and Manchester United have been postponed to allow those clubs extra time to recover from their involvements in the knockout stages of the Champions League and Europa League, respectively.
- Chelsea and Wolves have also been afforded a short delay, with their opening weekend fixtures scheduled for Monday September 14.
- The truncated season will comprise of rounds of fixtures across 32 weekends, five midweeks and one bank holiday. This compares to a typical Premier League season of 34 weekends, three midweeks and one bank holiday.
- The Premier League has agreed with its UK broadcast partners to increase the number of matches shown live from 200 to 220 for the 2020/21 season only. Of the additional live matches, 12 will be shown on Sky Sports.
- The UK broadcast selections for the early match rounds will be confirmed next week.
- Leeds are back in the Premier League after a 16-year absence, while West Brom sealed the second automatic promotion spot after a topsy-turvy final day of the Championship season.
When will Premier League 2020/21 games be played?
You can see the full list of Premier League games on our fixture page, however, if you want the dates for your diary, below are the dates for each match week. (Initial broadcast selections will follow, along with dates for subsequent fixture amendments throughout the season.)
Matchweek 1: Saturday September 12
Matchweek 2: Saturday September 19
Matchweek 3: Saturday September 26
Matchweek 4: Saturday October 3
Matchweek 5: Saturday October 17
Matchweek 6: Saturday October 24
Matchweek 7: Saturday October 31
Matchweek 8: Saturday November 7
Matchweek 9: Saturday November 21
Matchweek 10: Saturday November 28
Matchweek 11: Saturday December 5
Matchweek 12: Saturday December 12
Matchweek 13: Tuesday December 15
Matchweek 14: Saturday December 19
Matchweek 15: Saturday December 26
Matchweek 16: Monday December 28
Matchweek 17: Saturday January 2
Matchweek 18: Tuesday January 12
Matchweek 19: Saturday January 16
Matchweek 20: Tuesday January 26
Matchweek 21: Saturday January 30
Matchweek 22: Tuesday February 2
Matchweek 23: Saturday February 6
Matchweek 24: Saturday February 13
Matchweek 25: Saturday February 20
Matchweek 26: Saturday February 27
Matchweek 27: Saturday March 6
Matchweek 28: Saturday March 13
Matchweek 29: Saturday March 20
Matchweek 30: Saturday April 3
Matchweek 31: Saturday April 10
Matchweek 32: Saturday April 17
Matchweek 33: Saturday April 24
Matchweek 34: Saturday May 1
Matchweek 35: Saturday May 8
Matchweek 36: Tuesday May 11
Matchweek 37: Saturday May 15
Matchweek 38: Sunday May 23
When will the 2020/21 Premier League season finish?
The season is scheduled to finish on Sunday May 23, 2021 – just 19 days before the rescheduled Euro 2020 kicks off.